187 – Elmo Lovano: The Founder of JAMMCARD on Networking, Community, and Branding
Los Angeles native Elmo Lovano built a successful career as a touring and studio drummer with Juliette Lewis, Miley Cyrus, Christina Perri, James Fauntleroy, Avril Lavigne, Paul Oakenfold and many more. He began to see the need for a legitimate networking platform for professional musicians because, “as creatives, we don’t use Linkedin, and as professionals, we don’t use Craigslist.” After a couple years of beta testing among friends and colleagues he launched the Jammcard app in 2017. After a successful rollout amongst L.A.-based musicians, Jammcard then launched in Atlanta, followed by Nashville.
In this podcast, Elmo talks about:
- How networking for musicians is pretty much the same at any level
- Fully completing your product (album, app, whatever) before you market it and release it
- The team he assembled to help him create, maintain, and grow Jammcard
- Best practices for Jammers
- Why Atlanta was chosen as the second launch city
- How to build a professional portfolio that will get you accepted to Jammcard
Elmo Lovano endorses Pearl drums, Sabian Cymbals, Vic Firth sticks, and Remo heads.