218 – Jarred Pope: Heavy Drumming with Tom Keifer (Cinderella), Damon Johnson (Alice Cooper, Thin Lizzy), “Thee Rock and Roll Residency” in Nashville
After his thoughtful move to Nashville from his home state of California in 2012, Jarred Pope has found strong and steady work in the heavy rock world. Throughout his career, Jarred has and continues to earn respect among a highly reputable group of musicians within many genres that includes rock, hard rock, country and pop.
Jarred has worked with Gene Simmons, Whiskey Falls, Hannah/McCuen, Julianne Hough, Jimmy Hayslip, Waylon Holland, Crosby Loggins, Beasto Blanco, Dennis Hamm, Mother Funk Conspiracy. In recent years, Jarred has been working with The Tom Keifer Band (lead singer from Cinderella) as well as Damon Johnson (Alice Cooper, Thin Lizzy, Black Star Riders) with whom he recorded on a new record, – Memoirs of an Uprising.
In April of 2014, Jarred started playing drums for the Thee Rock and Roll Residency that was started by guitarists Jeremy Asbrock and Phil Shouse. It became a regular and longest-running, star-studded, Rock N’ Roll extravaganza in Nashville, TN.
In this episode Jarred talks about:
- Working with Tom Keifer and the trust and respect that Tom extends to his band mates
- Jerred’s drum tech Jeff Brown and the benefits of having a drum tech
- Jarred’s early experience in California
- His short stint with Gene Simmons
- “Thee Rock and Roll Residency” in Nashville
- Touring and recording with Damon Johnson
- The parallels between playing golf and playing drums
Jarred endorses Gretsch Drums, Aquarian, Vater and Gibraltar