319 – Ross Pederson: Playing with Grace Kelly and Manhattan Transfer, Designing a New Home Studio, The North Texas Pedigree
Ross Pederson has been in New York for over a decade after going through the famed North Texas program and studying with Ed Soph. He tours and records with a number of notable New York based acts including Grace Kelly and Manhattan Transfer, and records, mixes, and produces at his home studio in Brooklyn.
In this episode, Ross talks about:
- Moving into a new house and starting a home studio from scratch
- Being married to bassist Julia Adamy
- His biggest takeaways from North Texas and Ed Soph
- The musical families both he and Julia come from
- Starting with Grace Kelly as a hired gun sub, and growing into a trusted collaborator
Ross endorses Meinl Cymbals
This episode is sponsored by Sonitus.